Wednesday, December 14, 2011

YOU AND ME

YOU AND ME

You are within me, yet
Am wandering without you!

You know everything about me, but
I know scarcely a little about you!

You guide me through ups and down, but
I don't even care to stand and stare!

You teach me how to overcome obstacles, but
I always put objection to your suggestion!

You command me to act according to rules, yet
I ignore you often to meet the reality!

You make me realize what life is, yet
Am unable to express life in your way!

You acclaim me forever ,but
I abstain from accepting it!

You strive hard to be present with me ever, but
I neglect your presence everywhere!

You keep on coming as my absolute well wisher, but
I treat you as an obsolete!

It is obvious that you and me are inseparable, yet
it is difficult to fulfill the disparity that set us apart!

Regardless of all the controversies...,
still you are within me,
my amicable CONSCIENCE!

2 comments:

  1. Always a tough fight with the conscience for all.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lines. May look even more beautiful if it has the rhymin feature.

    Theme is good.

    Conscience may look simple. but is never the easy task to read or understand.

    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple - Oscar Wilde

    ReplyDelete